AEBG funding provides implementation funds to regional consortia
to improve the delivery of adult education in the following
program areas and address existing gaps in programs and
1. Programs in elementary and secondary
basic skills, including classes required for a high school
diploma or high school equivalency certificate.
2. Programs for immigrants eligible for
educational services in citizenship and english as a second
language, and a workforce preparation.
3. Programs for adults, including, but
not limited to, older adults, that are primarily related
to entry or reentry into the workforce.
4. Programs for adults, including, but
not limited to, older adults, that are primarily designed
to develop knowledge and skills to assist elementary and
secondary school children to succeed academically in school.
5. Programs for adults with disabilities.
6. Programs for short-term career technical
education with high employment potential.
7. Programs for pre-apprenticeships.